If you're having any issue setting up the menu files, please follow these steps carefully before asking for help in the Discord server. Make sure you follow all these steps, and remember to do them while the Popstar Launcher is closed.
- 2Take1 requires GTA to be run in DirectX 11.
- Make sure you have no graphical mods installed, such as ENBseries.
- The menu won't work on Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. Compatibility with cloud PCs, virtual machines or other operating systems isn't guaranteed either.
- If your issue occurs while you're co-loading other menus along with 2T1, try again without using them.
Co-loading isn't officially supported, so you won't receive official help nor have the right to send a bug/ban report if you use other menus.
Menu not injecting, or game crashing on inject
- Make sure your antivirus or any real-time protection software (including Windows Defender) isn't blocking anything.
- Make sure your Windows user has Administrator privileges.
- Make sure no overlays are enabled, including Discord, Steam, Xbox Game Bar or NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Make sure you have all the correct redistributables installed.
- Make sure that the 2Take1Menu files are not located in your Desktop or in a folder that syncs to a cloud service, such as OneDrive.
- Make sure that your Windows username doesn't contain special characters (such as letters with tildes or Russian/Chinese symbols).
- Perform an integrity check of the game files and make sure no additional stuff is placed there.
- If you have changed the privileges for the GTA processes, restart your PC. Otherwise, it won't work properly.
- If you're using Rivatuner, make sure the detection level is set to low or none.
If these steps don't work, delete all the menu files (including the
%appdata%\PopstarDevs folder) and re-download the menu.
The Popstar Launcher is crashing or connecting infinitely
Open a CMD console with admin privileges and type:
net stop npf
There isn't an Inject button
- Update the game using Steam, RGL or EGL.
- Perform an integrity check of the game files.
- Reinstall the game, if none of the above works.
I can't join online lobbies
- Try joining an invite-only lobby first, then a public lobby.
- Try joining without the menu injected.
If it doesn't work either, it's probably an issue with your ISP. Try logging online through a VPN.
Authentication failed: Unknown error: deadbeef
The launcher is having issues to connect with the auth server. Make sure you are using the latest version of the menu and check your connection status.
The Vehicle Spawner shows weird characters
The Lua script isn't working after an update
The Lua API is usually updated along with the menu. You'll have to update your script to the new functions.
If you're not the developer of the script, ask them to do it.
The menu is moving on its own
This happened because you were holding Shift while pressing a menu key.
Release Shift and press the key that the menu thinks you're pressing, and it should be still again.
In order to prevent this, set the Input Method to RAW.