If you are having any issue using the menu, please follow these steps carefully before asking for help in the Discord server.
Issues during setup or injection (error messages, no inject button, game crashing...)
- Make sure that your Windows 10 (or Windows 11) installation is official. 2Take1 does NOT officially the following environments:
- Other versions of Windows (such as Windows 8).
- Custom Windows 10/11 builds that have been heavily tweaked or that lack core Windows services.
- Insider builds of Windows.
- Virtual machines or cloud computers.
- Make sure that GTA V is running in DirectX 11.
- Make sure that you have no graphical mods installed, such as ENBseries.
- Make sure that you are not running Lua scripts or other mod menus alongside 2Take1.
- Make sure that your antivirus or any real-time protection software (including Windows Defender) is not blocking anything.
- Make sure that your Windows user has Administrator privileges.
- Make sure that no overlays are enabled, including Discord, Steam, Xbox Game Bar or NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Make sure that you have all the required redistributables installed.
- Make sure that the 2Take1Menu files are not located in your Desktop or in a folder that syncs to a cloud service, such as OneDrive.
- Make sure that your Windows username does not contain special characters (such as letters with tildes or Russian/Chinese symbols).
- Make sure that your game installation is up to date and completely clean; otherwise, update your game and/or perform an integrity check.
- If you have changed the privileges for the GTA processes, restart your PC. Otherwise, it will not work properly.
- If you are using Rivatuner, make sure that the detection level is set to low or none.
If these steps do not work, delete all the menu files (including the
%appdata%\PopstarDevs folder) and re-download the menu.
If none of the above helps, your only option left is to reinstall Windows.
The Popstar Launcher is crashing or connecting infinitely
Open a CMD console with admin privileges and run the following command:
Authentication failed: Unknown error: deadbeef
The launcher is having issues to connect with the auth server. Make sure you are using the latest version of the menu and check your connection status.
Minor Gameplay Issues⚓︎
The Vehicle Spawner shows weird characters
This is caused by your game language, which is using special characters. In this case, you need to either set your game language to English, or create a custom font with extended ASCII support.
A Lua script is not working after an update
The Lua API is usually updated along with the menu. If the API receives any changes, you may have to update your script to the new functions. If you are not the developer of the script, ask them to do it.
The menu cursor is moving on its own
This happened because you were holding Shift while pressing a menu key. Release Shift and press the key that the menu thinks that you are pressing, and it should be still again. In order to prevent this, set the Input Method to GTA.
I cannot enter a spawned vehicle, or it keeps disappearing
Enable Despawn Bypass and Bypass MP Vehicle Kick in the Spawner Settings.
When I drive close to a player, I get kicked out of my personal vehicle and it respawns away from me
This happens when you are spoofing your SCID. You must disable the SCID spoofer in order to use personal vehicles, or use spawned vehicles instead.
This section contains a list of features that currently behave in an unintended way. If you think you have found a bug, please check both this list and the documentation for the affected feature before submitting a bug report in our Discord server.
This list will get regular updates as new bugs are found and they get fixed in new 2Take1 builds.
There are no acknowledged bugs!