Fake Friends is an alternative way to join other players. This feature will trick the game into thinking that a certain player is a Social Club friend.
Players that you add as fake friends may be displayed in your Friends list, allowing you to join them from the Pause menu. The game will treat them as actual friends when they are in your lobby as well. However, they are not actually added to your Social Club friends list; they will not see you as a friend, nor will you see them in the Social Club website.
You may also display the Social Club profile of a fake friend to look up for their information right away.
Add a Fake Friend⚓︎
Head to Online Tab → Fake Friends → Add Fake Friend and type either a name or a SCID. The name or SCID will be searched in the Social Club database and, if found, will be added as a Fake Friend.
You can also add fake friends directly from the Online Players list.
Fake Friend Management⚓︎
Fake Friends will be displayed in Online Tab → Fake Friends. You can search for fake friends by their name or SCID; in case of conflict, the SCID will be prioritized.
When you hover the cursor over a fake friend, 2Take1 will display a window with their name and SCID, along with the status of a set of flags:
- Hide – When enabled, this fake friend will be hidden from the Fake Friends list.
- Join Timeout – When enabled, this fake friend will be added to the Join Timeout blacklist and will be unable to join your session.
- Stalk – When enabled, you will receive notifications when this fake friend goes online or offline.
- Friend List – When enabled, this fake friend will be added to your game's Friends list.
When you hover the cursor over a fake friend, you can scroll sideways to find the following options:
- Join – Join the session of this fake friend.
- Redirect Joins – Configure this fake friend's SCID as the target SCID for the Join Redirect feature.
- Toggle Stalk – Toggle on or off the Stalk flag.
- Toggle Timeout – Toggle on or off the Join Timeout flag.
- Toggle Friends List – Toggle on or off the Friends List flag.
- Show SC Profile – Open this fake friend's profile in the Social Club menu in-game.
- Rename – Change the name of this fake friend.
- Move – Move this fake friend to an existing category, or create a new one.
- Delete – Delete this fake friend.
- Hide – Toggle the Hide flag.
At the top of the Fake Friends submenu, you will find a set of global options. Once enabled, fake friends with the corresponding flags in On
- Enable Stalker – Display notifications when fake friends go online or offline. Requires the Stalk flag to be enabled.
- Add Fake Friends To Friends List – Show fake friends in the game's Friends list. Requires the Friends List flag to be enabled.
- Show Hidden – Show fake friends that are hidden. Requires the Hide flag to be enabled.
Fake Friends will be saved into the
scid.cfg file; you may also manage your fake friends from there.