Fake Friends is an alternative way to join other players. This brand-new feature will trick the game into thinking that a certain player is a Social Club friend.
Players that you add as fake friends may be displayed in your Friends list, allowing you to join them from the Pause menu. The game will treat them as actual friends when they are in your lobby as well. However, they are not actually added to your Social Club friends list; they will not see you as a friend, nor will you see them in the Social Club website.
You may also display the Social Club profile of a fake friend to look up for their information right away.
Adding a Fake Friend#
If the player is in your lobby, use the Add as Fake Friend feature. Otherwise, go to Online Tab → Fake Friends → Add fake friend and type the player's SCID. You may rename or delete fake friends from within 2Take1.
If you are a VIP user, you can join fake friends from within 2Take1. Locate the fake friend and move left/right until you see Join, then select it.
Fake Friend Stalker#
If you are a VIP user, 2Take1 is able to check whether a fake friend is in a lobby. Hover the cursor over a fake friend to display their status in a window.
You may also receive notifications when a fake friend goes online or offline. To do so, enable the Stalk Fake Friends feature, and then toggle the stalker for each fake friend you choose.
Fake Friend Management#
The following options are available for each fake friend you have added:
- Rename – Change the name of the fake friend.
- Delete – Remove the fake friend.
- Join – Join the fake friend's lobby.
- Redirect Joins – Use the fake friend's SCID for the Join Redirect feature.
- Toggle Stalk – Stalk the fake friend's online status when the Stalker is enabled.
- Toggle Timeout – Prevent the fake friend from joining your lobby when the FakeFriends Blacklist is enabled.
- Show SC profile – Display the Social Club of the fake friend right away.